Seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgable horse lover to create epic experiences for our Ranch guests.
We are looking to hire a Horse Trail Guide and Host for a Small Eco-Lux Guest Ranch in Nicaragua to begin as soon as possible. We are an intimate Solar powered Guest Ranch offering guided horse back tours with 4 rooms for overnight guests.
Be sure to check out the rest of our website to acquaint yourself with the ranch.
What we are looking for
- You MUST be over 25 years old.
- You MUST be a very experienced rider with a good knowledge of western riding (and be able to provide riding lessons to beginners).
- You should also have basic knowledge of horse healthcare and natural horsemanship.
- You have experience in hospitality and enjoy hosting international guests. You love people and would enjoy the role of ranch host.
- You should love being creative in the kitchen and be willing to help prep, serve and host our ranch meals for up to 15 people (which means you must be comfortable cooking meat).
- You MUST drive a ‘manual shift’ vehicle. General responsibilities include daily errands to town and pick up and delivery of guests.
- You have intermediate or higher level Spanish, be very comfortable in nature, and be interested in exploring a sustainable, off-grid lifestyle.
- You are well traveled and comfortable living in a foreign culture. Ideally this is not your first time to Central America.
- You enjoy photography and are willing to photograph our tours and do post editing of the images.
The ranch is located 20 minutes from the surf beach town of San Juan del Sur. You will be required to lead horseback rides and host guests at the Ranch in addition to some administration work. Hours are by no means fixed – we need grafters willing to muck in with the whole shebang!
What you get in return:
We provide a room, 3 meals a day, cell phone, internet, as well as a basic stipend plus tip sharing. There is also the opportunity to earn a little extra by offering yoga or surf lessons, leading nature walks – feel free to get creative, we are very open to new suggestions!
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining valuable experience in equestrian ecotourism and likes the idea of living abroad in Central America.
If you are interested in this position or know someone who might be, please send a CV, a current photo and a photo of you on a horse to: email@example.com
We will contact suitable candidates for a skype interview. We look forward to you joining our team!