Saddle Up for some Fun!
Join us for our signature Rural Nicaragua & Beach Ride
Daytime Ride $75/rider Sunset Ride $79/rider
- Make a reservation here
- April Riding Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why ride with Us?…
- Check out these great reviews and the photos on Facebook!
Only 20 minutes south of San Juan del Sur, Rancho Chilamate is a private ranch and with guest house and riding stable. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (we almost always see monkeys!) and then to a secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.
This tour includes: transportation to and from San Juan del Sur • western boots, hat and good tack • strong healthy loved-up horses • English-speaking trail boss • Fun and Rum • 3 hours in the saddle • and …a portion of every ride goes to the local community development fund
A few notes:
• we schedule the rides to arrive to the beach at low tide for safety and a bigger beach to ride on
• we have a rider weight limit of 210 pounds
• please bring long pants.. we have boots and hats here (and selection of jeans too if necessary)
• we are known for our photography but our schedule does not allow us to edit the photos from every ride. We will post a handful of our favs on facebook and if you are interested we can edit the rest of the photos for a fee.
ALLOW A TOTAL OF 5 HOURS from the time we PICK YOU UP to the time we DROP YOU OFF IN TOWN – approx 2.5 hours in the saddle, some play time at the beach plus 1/2 hour transfer each way
Approximate timing for Morning Ride: 7:30 am pick up in San Juan returning for late lunch
Approximate timing for Afternoon Ride: 1:00 pm pick up returning to town to catch the last of the sunset
Approximate timing for the Sunset Ride: Pick up at 2:30 pm – returning to the ranch in the dark
We look forward to riding with you,
Blue ~ and the Crew